- Indiana University (Bloomington, IN)
- Masters project (co-creator)
Requirements: I was tasked with developing the interface for the Guardians of Kelthas, a deck building game, in J# using DirectX. I took the artwork from our team of artists and presented it to the user to help them install, setup the game, and play the game.
Result: We created an interface, allowing us to seamlessly transition between the interface and the game playing environments.
- I created all game setup and creation screens.
- I also constructed the game playing interface itself aside for the cards.
- Finally, I programmed an installer for the game using the NSIS scripting language.
Outcomes: The game was sold as part of a package of independent games at a website called the Great Games Experiment, which is now defunct. We also submitted the game to a number of game competitions:
- IDEASFEST 2005, 2006: Best Game, People’s Choice Awards
- FuturePlay 2005: Competition Finalist
- Slamdance 2006: Gamemaker Competition Finalist
Dates: Sept 2004-Apr 2006
Development Skills: J#, .NET Framework, Direct X, NSIS scripting, Visual Studio
My Roles: Interface Design, Programming